Wednesday, 24 March 2010


Been up to a bit since my last post. I played the blackbelt live tournament, went mega deep in the sunday warm up and have been to staffordshire and back.

The bb tournament at the vic was great value, lovely structure for a very small relative buy in. Thus loadsa play against an average player weaker than the levels would normally attract. The first few levels saw me bounce up and down, yoyoing around without much direction, and although large stacked by the dinner break, i didn't feel i'd played 100 percent +ev.

The odd decision i made too quickly, used to the online timer binking away, live poker is so much easier-note to self, enjoy the experience and relish the time your allowed, plus the constant flawed decision making of yr average live donk.

Eventually i found that i had let the blinds catch me up, and after losing a huge pot to the eventual runner up, i grinded the rest of the day with a bowl. My main mistake was not getting my chips in during the last level more often, coming back with a 15bb stack on the sunday was not my idea of fun.

Two hands into that day i managed to make an appaulling fold when i should have been fistpumping all in, and 1 hand later my ace rag was fouled by the ladies. Still it was a fun experience overall and fair play to neil and co for putting on a unique tournament, roll on next year.

As im staked for the warm up and the million im regularly going deep, last sunday was no different, and after being in the top 20 for most of the warm up, i really felt on for a huge score. Things didn't go my way late on though and again i got blinded down and eventually ran a5 into kings. Making moves at the crucial points is something i might need to step up on, otherwise this 46th finish for again a bowla could become far too familiar a feeling. But like i always say, it will come, and soon me thinks.

Finally and most amusingly comes my weekend trip to staffordshire. Now after a very busy week trading and sweating the cheltenham festival, for very little reward, i couldn't wait for my friday-monday trip back to my old haunts from university. Friday afternoon i jumped onto the virgin train, anticipating my prebooked seat and looking forward to a nice kip b4 i arrived in2 stafford. This was not to happen, and i managed to get in a right ol stress about everything.

Now when you book train tickets online, they send you roughly 772 pieces of paper per ticket, and it was with these former tree parts that i found my train 'ticket' with my seat reservation upon. C52A it said, this seat however did not exist, carriage C only went up to 50. I walked up and down the train trying to make sure i hadn't misread anything.

Eventually with the train going at full throttle and no visibly free seats bar reserved ones i jumped into a couple of the reserved seats. Within seconds two ppl kindly asked me to leave. By now my heavy bag was causing me some annoyance and i was sweating rather profusely. I went over to the nearby shop area and asked the lady to get an inspector or something, secretly i was hoping virgin's screw up might get me a free upgrade. The lady radioed the manager and offered me a free glass of water, i think i looked a stressed state, very smooth.

The manager turned up and promised to find the seat that didn't exist. He took my wedge of tickets and walked off in a direction i had been down many times. When he came back he informed me i was looking at another seat reservation that i had from stafford to stoke, not from london to stafford. I felt slightly embarrassed and asked where my actual seat was, that's the problem he said, there actually is someone sitting in your seat. "Please ask him to move i asked", he said he had already informed the man who had claimed he would move along from the window seat i so coveted if i turned up and asked.

Fuming from my own mistake and sweating like i was bluffing with 3 high, i stormed off to get that prized window seat. Im sure all this had caused a commotion as the entire train carriage appeared to be watching my every move. Turning up at my actual seat i was met by a little person who also had no arms. Going redder as each pair of eyes burnt into me, i 'graciously' refused his request to move and sat next to the poor bloke who had to use his mouth to turn over the page on his newspaper.

The rest of the weekend went nicely, stayed at my friends in stafford, before going to the spurs stoke game on the saturday. Beers were had on the saturday night in town and the headache was deserved on the sunday. On my journey back early on monday i checked my train ticket 63 times before finding it empty and available.

Laters peeps,

Dum dom.


Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, the train journey story is hilarious! I used to get the train everywhere and was always fucking up like that, thankfully I drive everywhere now so always find my reserved seat!

Rot Weiss said...

The end of the story is priceless. gg

Pia Manfrin said...

Say what?? Use his mouth? Are you line and sinker delirious?! Turn to your physician without hesitation