Thursday, 9 April 2009

Cash games and rocking up....




I've finally started playing...and winning in cash games. For years it's only been something that i have stumbled into after a losing tournie and copius amounts of alcohol. The combination of tilt and booze never quite worked and more often than not i left the felt potlesss. Since i have started seriously managing my bankroll i have been looking into ways to maximise my edge and minimise my risk. Cash games have managed to supply both.

This past weekend i decided to visit the international and play their weekend freezeout. With a reasonable clock and 8k in chips i expected to put up a decent effort. What happened was a triple barrell bluff being picked off and a large race lost, and thus an early bath. Rather than wash myself i decided to play the small cash game running next to the tournament. This was so soft i couldn't believe my eyes. Candy from babies and all that, wow these players really wanted to donate. Oh and i ran good too.

Went back last night too and registered another reasonable profit from the game. I think the combo of a sober dom and a non tilting post-tournament version might actually do quite well from these games u know! Im still grinding the stts online meanwhile as it's a pretty easy way to keep the roll ticking over during the daytime. Soon enough i hope to be back in the bigger games, all with sound roll management of crse.

Happy easter in advance everyone. Laters peeps.

Dom

3 comments:

Steve H. said...

Happy Easter to you mate..
DTD this weekend looks good mate.

Dom said...

Wish i cld go dtd mate, but family plans and roll restrictions must come first.

Good luck to you if u play, take it down my son! :)

Yorkshire Pud said...

Dom - care to share your bankroll requirements? I think I am a bit on the nitty side unless I am pissed then WTF is BR management!